Thursday 10 September 2015

Reflection- Jumping straight into the action.

This week in writing the LnP’s are learning about ways to hook your reader in the first sentence. This week I have learnt the 3d way to hook your audience which is jumping straight to the action.

Jumping straight into the action in the first sentence is about right then and there, when the action was happening. Not before or after right when it was happening.  I wasn’t here on Wednesday so Eliala taught me and showed me her writing.

I thought about something exciting and hooking to start my sentence with action. I decided to do the roller coaster at Rainbows End theme park in Auckland. Here is my writing :

I felt the air blow out of me awhile I tipped upside down. My hands gripped on so tight it was like I had super glue on them. We finally got back upright when I heard mum shout at me “Shanelle hold on tight!!”. I looked in front of me, my eye’s went wide open. Wooooossshhhh!! We zoomed down this what looked like a step as hill. I screamed my head off!

No comments:

Post a Comment