Thursday 13 August 2015

Len Lye Centre Visit...

My eyes said it all. High ceilings made me feel like an ant (not that people don’t call me one already). Voices echoed throughout the building. Of course there was noise with rooms 10 & 11 in the new Len Lye Centre.

We got lead into a dark room with different pieces of artwork that I haven’t seen before. Movement and sound surrounded me. There was a lot of really unique artwork in that room but one caught my eye in particular.

My favourite piece of artwork that I got the opportunity to really have a good look at was called something similar to ‘Grass’. Stainless steel strings swayed across in different directions. It made me feel very graceful. The bottom of the artwork was polished wood that shone in the light.

I really enjoyed going to the Len Lye Centre, Len Lye was very original and added sound and movement, Which really hooked me in to see more.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanelle, what a wonderful text you have written. You have used an awesome hook and I was captivated right from the start. I can picture exactly what you were seeing and understand how you were feeling as you visited the gallery. Fantastic. From Mrs O.

    ReplyDelete